We are pleased to share the final Annual Report for Emma House, highlighting our year of impact assisting women and their children who are experiencing or have experienced family violence.
The past twelve months has brought stability to Emma House, with the decision made in December 2022 by our dedicated members to bring Emma House under the management and guidance of The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre (The SAFV Centre).
With Emma House experiencing a number of challenges over the past few years, this decision means a sustainable future for our organisation, for our clients, staff and the South West community.
The impact of family violence remains high in our region and we are committed to ensuring women and children impacted by family violence receive specialist and timely responses and support.
We are proud of our dedication and continued support to women and children in the South West, with a significant number of clients supported through our services and programs this year.
A snapshot of our year of impact
• 349 clients supported with case management outreach responses
• 101 After Hours responses provided, almost two per week, a 29% increase
• 164 clients supported through our crisis accommodation program, an 84% increase
• 332 Individual clients assisted through our legal program, a 42% increase, with 800 legal services provided
• 617 Family Violence Flexible Support Packages provided to clients, a 74% increase
• 2,953 family violence cases supported by our staff within The Orange Door South West
We would like to acknowledge and sincerely thank the generosity of individuals, community organisations and businesses that have generously supported our organisation and our clients over the past 12 months. And thank our partners and supporters who continue to advocate for the work of our organisation and work together to deliver support and services to our community.
With Emma House and The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre uniting, and services continuing under the name of The SAFV Centre, locally known as Emma House, we remain steadfast in our commitment to supporting women and children impacted by family violence in our community.
We encourage you to join us as we reflect on our year and celebrate the achievements of our staff and organisation in our 2023 Year of Impact report.