Emma House is committed to ending violence against women. We hold a deep understanding and knowledge that violence is experienced by women and children regardless of class, ethnicity, religion, age, abilities or sexual preference. Part of supporting the safety of women and children includes holding perpetrators accountable for their use of violence, and challenging them to take responsibility.
Emma House is a partner in the Wimmera South West Orange Door who are the intake service for all family violence services across the region. The Orange Door is a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children.
- someone close to you is hurting you, controlling you or making you feel afraid – such as your partner, family member, carer or parent(s)
- you are a child or young person who doesn’t have what you need to be OK
- you are worried about the safety of a friend or family member
- you need more support with the care of children, e.g. due to money issues, illness, addiction, grief, isolation or conflict
- you are worried about the safety of a child or young person
- you need help to change your behaviour and stop using violence in your relationships
The Wimmera South West Orange Door can be contacted on 1800 271 180
- Women, children and young people’s family violence services
- Child and family services
- Aboriginal services
- Men’s family violence services
The Orange Door is open 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
For urgent support outside of business hours contact Safe Steps 1800 015 188